• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Gaz D

Having installed ITB’s to my XU10J4RS the standard inlet has obviously been removed so I want to fit a catch can. How would people recommend I pipe it up? Obviously I’ll come off the breather port on the rocker cover to the inlet of the catch can, what should I do with the outlet on the catch can? I was thinking of just putting a small filter on the end but wondered if the system still needed vacuum? Also should I use the PCV valve off as you do with the standard  inlet manifold?

any recommendations on catch can brands would also be appreciated.

thanks guys

mmt

I’d just put a small filter on the Can outlet. Mine has been working like that for years. Track and full song only. 

Gaz D
15 minutes ago, mmt said:

I’d just put a small filter on the Can outlet. Mine has been working like that for years. Track and full song only. 

Thanks mate. Any particular can brand you’d recommend?

mmt

No sorry. Mine is made by a mate. Just get one that fits. Regulations might require certain size. 

• Thanks 1

Porter87

Hi Gary, 

The pic below you can see how/where I've mounted my catch can. maybe not the cleanest set up but its been on a while and is working well. its a torques catch can with AN fittings (clamps on the cam cover)  

JEA_8768-1.thumb.jpg.fd43e4cf7339c50be9e5d698e44fb5c0.jpg

Gaz D
9 hours ago, Porter87 said:

Hi Gary, 

The pic below you can see how/where I've mounted my catch can. maybe not the cleanest set up but its been on a while and is working well. its a torques catch can with AN fittings (clamps on the cam cover)  

JEA_8768-1.thumb.jpg.fd43e4cf7339c50be9e5d698e44fb5c0.jpg

That looks well neat there mate. I’d be over the moon with that! Am I right in thinking you’ve changed the pipe over from normal orientation on the cam cover?  Ie as we look at the picture the left port usual is the outlet to the inlet manifold and the right port the inlet from the crank. Does this matter?

also where does your outlet pipe from the catch can go to and to what does it connect?

cheers Gary

Porter87

I've got all three running to the catch can, crank and two cam covers. the catch can doesn't have an outlet, its got a vented cap than allows the pressure out, and catches any vapours. it has a drain plug on the bottom if it gets full (years worth of driving i should imagine) 

Edited by Porter87

Porter87

IMG_9498.thumb.JPEG.dad94efdfaa512033c81dc7cfa364bab.JPEG

Gaz D
10 hours ago, Porter87 said:

IMG_9498.thumb.JPEG.dad94efdfaa512033c81dc7cfa364bab.JPEG

Cheers mate