• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Frank34

Replacement parts - which manufacturer should I use?

Frank34

Good evening, I am new here in the forum. I drive a 205 GTI from 1987 and would like to change a few parts. But which manufacturer should I use? Example: I would like to change the radiator. There are a lot of suppliers. What about VAN WEZEL, Nissens, AKS, NRF...puhhh. what would you recommend? Thanks!!! BG Frank

DamirGTI

Honestly , for 205 these days there's probably two maxi three actual producers of aftermarket bodywork parts .. as demand for them is pretty low .

Thus , most of the times you'll get the same part in different branded boxes , just repacked .

Radiator specifically , from the aftermarkets Nissens used to make very good quality radiators for 205's but those days are now gone .. nowadays they're supplying pretty much substandard radiators , thin any flimsy (Chinese) made no where near as good/beefy as before (unless you bump into some "old stock") .

But anyways , it'll still do the job it needs , cooling the engine ...

Behr (often OE supplier too) , Nissens and NRF are most known in aftermarket for engine/cabin radiators intercoolers etc.  , personally i've on mine Van Wezel radiator - not bad to be honest , certainly better made than some i've seen or had before which had like from leaf thin material made radiator fins .

The rest of the bodywork (repair panels , panel sections , plastic parts , bumpers etc.) , since you're from Denmark check - Klokkerholm :

https://www.klokkerholm.com/GB.aspx

... need to know , neither of the aftermarket body parts brand wont be making "ideal" as OE quality fitment/dimension/thickness parts , because of the legal/license reasons (if they do , they can easily be sued by the OE manufacturer) all the parts are therefore deliberately made "near to the OE spec/dimensions" so to speak .. 

Nearest , or , best fitment of metal body parts for 205 specifically personally i found Klokkerholm stuff best .. pretty thin metal pressed panels , but closest in dimensions to the OE .

D