• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
abakov

205 GTI Warning light

abakov

Hello for everyone , sorry for my English. I have instrument panel with wiring cable from 205 GTI 1.6/1985 and want to know what is this warning lamp, the bulb originaly is not wiried . Haynes manual say "oil level warning light" - Yes, Oil Level, but i cant find oil probe fitted on the engine. In other info from internet i read that lamp is for High Oil temperature, but in servicebox oil temperature switch is for XU5CP engine fitted on the sump, GTI have oil temp sender unit on this place. 

panela3.jpg

DamirGTI

It's oil temperature gauge not the oil level , thus the warning light indicates exceeded oil temp. +150C .

Citroen's had oil level measuring gauge/light on the instrument cluster ..

D

stewal

No 205 I have ever had has had a bulb fitted in that socket and as there is no high oil temp switch (just a sender for the guage) I think it's probably fair to say it isn't used.

Maybe it is on Citroens and other models.....

welshpug

Very rare to find a level sender in a 205, rarer still to ever see one working, I would not waste any time on it, there's nothing wrong with  your car!