• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Atreides

PAS rack rebuild - part numbers?

Atreides

I'm going to refurb my PAS rack and I'm having difficulty finding the correct parts for tie rods, boots etc....everywhere seems to have the non-PAS items but I cannot seem to find anything for the PAS racks.

I realise track rod ends are the same part, but does anyone know the part numbers for the PAS inner tie rods and rubber boots? Or even better, a good place to get them from?

petert

This?

Screen Shot 2022-09-22 at 7.59.00 am.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-22 at 7.58.37 am.png

Gohn

outer tie rod end - #381750  (previously #381718 so you could refer to that also)

inner tie rods - #381295

Boots - these are different L to R depending on LHD or RHD and where you pinion valve is

but ignore all that and just get a set, then replace like for like on your rack as you tear it down

you need one of each: #406620, #406622 and #406616 (this is the small ball joint boot number 12 in Peter's diagram)

also, the boots should come with the clips

rack.png

Edited by Gohn

Atreides

Thanks fellas, much appreciated. Some of these parts seem to be getting quite hard to come by over here now...

Gohn
22 hours ago, Atreides said:

getting quite hard to come by over here

it can't be anything like it is here O

its all relative I spose, we've got about one place in the whole country, and a lot of their 205 stock lines are out

the peugeot dealer network might have some lonely part on a shelf but at mental prices

if you have no luck at the dozens of cheap UK part suppliers with all the OE brands and free shipping !... you could try serie04.com they've got the bits above

welshpug

shouldn't be that hard to find the parts, the rack housing itself was used on the 306 to 2001, and the Partner van till almost 2013!   (south america still have the mk2 in production!)