• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

NOsMAN

Does anybody do rolling road tuning on 205's?

NOsMAN

Been trying to find a local rolling road tuner for a while, but everywhere I rang said my car is too old and they dont have a clue on how to tune it <_<. Only place i could find locally was Nobles but the guy kept on wasting my time, as he kept on asking to ring back at certain times so I did. After 4/5times I got fed up and gave up as he couldnt give me a time...

The car has developed a flat spot betwwen 3-4K rpm, just need it sorting out.

Can anybody recommend a place which isnt too far far Notts like Derbyshire, south yorkshire etc???

jord294

L.A.D were a complete waste of time when I dealt with them.

Paul @ Skip Brown can still setup cars, and I believe a place called Mikeanics in Congleton is very good. 

If on carbs or throttle bodies then A P Motorsport in Hawarden is very good

Tom Fenton

Is it a 205 turbo technics? If so you might find it hard to find anyone that's familiar with how it works. I've sorted a couple out now, first steps really are making sure that the 5th injector, boost switch and MAP sensor are all working.

Ashman

A little trek but, try Northampton Motorsport. Troy is the main man. Very knowledgeable on the 205 and very friendly.

NOsMAN
11 hours ago, Tom Fenton said:

Is it a 205 turbo technics? If so you might find it hard to find anyone that's familiar with how it works. I've sorted a couple out now, first steps really are making sure that the 5th injector, boost switch and MAP sensor are all working.

Yes it is the turbo technics. Unfortunately the garage I used in the past no longer exists. They were original turbo technics dealer and had done a few of these conversions in the past and were very local to me. Do you have time to fix another one ?

Tom Fenton

Sorry but at the moment I can’t commit the time, we are expecting a baby imminently eg in the next week or 2.

I would start by running the car on a rolling road with a wideband lambda sensor in the exhaust. To establish what the fuelling is doing throughout the rev range and also in particular at the point you have your flat spot. Any rolling road out there should be capable of that, and it shouldn’t cost more than £50-75. Ideally you want a graph of revs power and air fuel ratio.

Whilst it could be to do with the TT add on injector, the car still uses all of the standard Jetronic system, so all of that also needs to be working properly.

If you haven’t sorted it by spring next year get back in touch, but I can’t commit until then at the earliest.

NOsMAN

Thank Tom :D I have managed to sort it today (caused by ignition leads, which had build up on white powder and preventing the spark going through properly).

The car is running sweet again. But will take it for a power run to look for any more potential problems.

Congratulations on the new arrival.