• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
1990205xs

Where to get coolant hose?

1990205xs

Hi everyone, first time posting. 

So I have a 1990 1.4 xs which needs a new coolant hose but I can't find anywhere that stocks them. It the long hose that leaves the heater matrix runs around the top and back of the engine and enters the thermostat housing. 

Anyone have any advice? 

Thank you

1990205xs

No one? 

I can't find anything anywhere. 

Tom Fenton

Old hose on an old car. Time to get creative with alloy joiners and silicone elbows.

Gohn

if you do end up making your own hose out of several joined sections

make sure your joiners have barbs/ridges to clamp the hoses securely to

I made up a hose that was impossible to find like yours and the joiner burst out one day and it could easily have destroyed the engine if I didn't notice straight away314533143_ScreenShot2022-07-28at10_58_07PM.png.66ef415e44eb48990e7ffd9b37073bd3.png

1990205xs

Thank you both for the advice. 

DamirGTI

Which one of the two ? :

http://www.miamistu.co.uk/pug/GB/205F/6/64K01A.HTM

Hose 1. is readily available from aftermarket , hose 2. is available too but only OE via Peugeot/Citroen .

If there's no special bends/curves on the hose , can buy coolant hose on measure/meter of various internal/external dia. needed .

Also , more often than not , hoses from other car models/makes/brands can be made to fit (some even direct fit) .. as long as the bends/curves are similar in shape and int. diameters are the same it'll do (could be little longer and needed just trimming shorter to fit) had to go this route quite a few times with old cars , you'd be amazed what you can "mix and match" .

D

1990205xs
48 minutes ago, DamirGTI said:

Which one of the two ? :

http://www.miamistu.co.uk/pug/GB/205F/6/64K01A.HTM

Hose 1. is readily available from aftermarket , hose 2. is available too but only OE via Peugeot/Citroen .

If there's no special bends/curves on the hose , can buy coolant hose on measure/meter of various internal/external dia. needed .

Also , more often than not , hoses from other car models/makes/brands can be made to fit (some even direct fit) .. as long as the bends/curves are similar in shape and int. diameters are the same it'll do (could be little longer and needed just trimming shorter to fit) had to go this route quite a few times with old cars , you'd be amazed what you can "mix and match" .

D

Hose 1, but this says for left hand drive? 

I have actually ordered that hose on the off chance it will fit. Fingers crossed.