• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ScoobyJawa

Full Beam Toggle Not Working

ScoobyJawa

Failed MOT today and one of the issues was that the transition from dipped to full beam is not working.

When the stalk is fully turned to main dipped beam, when you pull it towards you there’s no click and the full beam doesn’t come on, however when it’s in sidelights or no lights a pull towards they flash fine.

So it’s a dodgy stalk, is there anyway to repair or do I need to get a replacement?  It’s a 1990 Phase 1.5 if that makes any difference……

Gohn

yeah it does sound like a dicky stalk

haven't heard of anyone repairing them, far as I know you just need to get a new one

when ordering make sure you get a Valeo if you can (safer quality wise)

peug catalog says everything after '88 is part 625341

valeo part number is 251210

• Like 1

ScoobyJawa

Cool - thanks for the reply.  I'd actually forgotten I bought a spare ages ago which I stumbled across last night while looking for other bits!   Its made by Jaeger,  I'm going to try that one first, off the car it seems to function correctly so hopefully an easy fix :)

Ordered the Valeo from Autodoc too just in case, cheers for the part number.

Edited by ScoobyJawa

Gohn

jaeger are original brand too so you should get plenty of years out of it while your new one sits in a box

ScoobyJawa

New one arrived today, was cheap as chips so will use that rather than having to mess around cleaning the Jaeger :)