• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Richie-Van-GTi

4 branch hitting the rack

Richie-Van-GTi

Has anyone come across this?

I have a 4 branch manifold, i think its a direnza. When i load the engine up its hitting the Ram on the PAS rack. Ive already got a solid bottom mount.

Wondering if there are any nice solutions to this with making the engine too solid.

IMG20220526120136.jpg

welshpug

How old are the upper engine mounts  and are the buffers packed up against the arm?

Richie-Van-GTi
1 hour ago, welshpug said:

How old are the upper engine mounts  and are the buffers packed up against the arm?

All brand new OE mounts and buffers. Buffers are shimmed hard against the top arm and lower mount is a solid rubber bush from BBM.

Ive tried packing the rear buffer tighter and took the shim out the front buffer to try and pre load it a bit in the direction of movement. Feels tighter by hand.

Cant drive it now till i tax it in June. Only drove it today for MOT.

petert

Cut and shut the pipes.

Richie-Van-GTi

Update, drove this a fair bit yesterday and the pre loading of the buffers has stopped the issue.

I think i will swap for BBM stiffer mounts all round so the issue doesnt creep back in with wear and tear

Edited by Richie-Van-GTi

Tideee
On 6/3/2022 at 8:23 AM, Richie-Van-GTi said:

Update, drove this a fair bit yesterday and the pre loading of the buffers has stopped the issue.

I think i will swap for BBM stiffer mounts all round so the issue doesnt creep back in with wear and tear

Which stiffer mounts are you intending to use Richie ?...as believe there are 2 types available from BBM and the harder ones might be too harsh for a road car - thoughts out there everyone who might have tried them please ??

Richie-Van-GTi

Im putting group N gearbox mount and group N buffers with a standard top mount and the solid road type bottom mount.