• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Ashman

Wet weather Rain tyres

Ashman

Anybody got any opinions or personal recommendations on 185/60 14 tyres that perform well in wet/damp conditions for the Pug?

Thanks

DamirGTI

Uniroyal Rain Expert 5 (or Rain Sport 5 if available in that dimension) .

D

Ashman

Thanks

petert

Are we talking about road or race here?

Ashman

I want a set of good performing road rain tyres to use on the Pug on wet sprints/hillclimb events that can also be used for daily drives on the road. I am hoping it will be MOT and taxed shortly, so I can get it out on the road and give it a blast to work etc.. I didn't want a set of dedicated wet cut tyres just for those odd events when it's wet, so was looking for a decent compromise. I'll use Nankang AR1's for dry events.

SweetBadger

Have just done a very wet track day at Brands Hatch. 

Started on Michelin PS3s (195 50 r15), grip was predictable but very difficult to put power down, traction broke very easily. These are very highly rated in the wet.

Swapped to Yokohama A052s (205 50 r15), and the increase in grip was unbelievable. Huge improvement under cornering,  better traction and gave confidence on the brakes. They’re bloody good in the dry to, so I’d recommend them. Think they only do them in 185/55 r14 though.

• Like 1

petert

A050 are available in 185/60R14. I don't think they're available in the UK however. They're great in the wet and exceptional in the dry. After that it's full wets.

SweetBadger

Not available till August at the earliest due to supply chain issues. 

A050s would be my choice in the dry / damp, but A052s beat them when it’s wet enough for standing water.

Ashman

Thanks for the information and will check out the Yoko's. Always ran A509/510 Yoko's on the road car back in the day. Did look At A539's, but they only come in 175's.