• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Ant

I'm back - 9 years since my last login - with another GTi

Ant

Glad go to see this forum is still active...

It's been a long time - 2013 was the last login.

I sold my 2.0 Turbo 1992 GTi in about 2008, but bit the bullet this weekend and brought another 1991 1.6..

Look forward to contributing again to the community !

Anthony

Welcome back :) 

What's your plan with the latest acquisition? 

Ant

Well i suspect the head gasket failed on the return journey, so its currently on the drive with no compression.

So thats my first task, but it wont be for a few months.

But i'll whip the engine out and tidy it all up.. Not concourse, but nice. Fortunely i have a lot of parts in storage from a 1991 1.6 i broke in 2007, so i should be able to build a standard and nice car with minimal expense.

Then its bodywork - Needs a OS wing and a Phase 2 Black bumper as the one on there is grey and doesnt match the other bumpers.. Guys wife dinked it back in 2001 ( previous owner had since 1996 ) - Its presentable now, but not mint.. Then its a question of the rest of it.. Usual 205 tin foil dinks on the car - so i need to decide if i respray or keep oringinal.

You still got the skip ( CTi ? ) - I have mine still, but its not moved in 10 years - thats my next project.

Anthony
3 minutes ago, Ant said:

You still got the skip ( CTi ? ) - I have mine still, but its not moved in 10 years - thats my next project.

I think it's Henry Yorke that you're thinking of that had the "Skip" - a late green 1.9 Turbo CTi.  He's still got it as far as I'm aware, along with a 1FM now...

Ant

Sorry - Yes.  ( its been a while lol ) :wacko:

Leslie green

Welcome get some pics of it up :D

Reebmit

Welcome back