• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

lagonda

Strut bearing kit ... which for CTi?!

lagonda

This is doing my head in! To clarify, this is the rolling bearing and rubber cup which mounts the front strut and spring to the body. I'm replacing the struts, but need this kit as well, as my originals are clearly worn.

The problem I'm having is resolving which kit is correct for my car. Here in France, there are several potential suppliers ... if I put the car's registration (now French, originally of course a UK market car) in on their websites, they come up with parts that they say suit my CTi, and if I state say SASIC 0355185, some sites will say it is compatible, and others say it isn't! I suspect that this at least in part is because some sites assume the CTi has GTi suspension ... which of course it doesn't, and that difference extends to the struts. It doesn't aid confidence either when some sites give 103 cv as the maximum hp for a 1.6 CTi! Febi 11699 is coming up as an alternative; the Sasic one is pictured below.

I've checked Miamistu's site, and my reading of that is that OEM 5031.25 is correct for ALL 205s from 10/86 on. If that's correct then it seems I can simply order anything that is stated as suiting a 205. Doubtless some of you have changed these on a CTi, so .... please clarify!

preview.jpg

Edited by lagonda

Thijs_Rallye

Topmounts, bearings and bushes are all the same for the 205/309 model ranges. I've recently used refurbished two top mounts from a 205 1.1 TU model for my bilstein struts and can confirm that they are identical.

lagonda

Thanks so much, I've spent most of the afternoon wasting my time on this, so wish I'd asked on here before! Cheers!

jord294

I'd go snr over sasic tbh

lagonda

Great, seen SNR amongst the choices, thanks for the heads up.