• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Chöschi

Bosch MP 3.2 Immobiliser and Tuning Questions from an absolute Noob

Chöschi

Hello Guys,

I have never done someting like this, but i'd like to get into it, so, what i'd like to do is to be able to find out the code for the Immobiliser for the Bosch 3.2 of my car, since i never got that and the immobiliser has been deactivated by putting in "0000" on the number pad and pressing enter, and while i'm at it, maybe tune the ECU on it a bit by myself for a little more Power? 
What i'm working with is a Bosch 0 261 200 219 with a removeable b 57 995 or 27C256 DIL28 eeprom. What would it take to read, edit and Reprogram it?

I'm sorry if these are dumb questions, but i really don't have anyone that could help with this stuff and i haven't had any experience with any of this either, but i'm willing to learn.

Another thing that came up, Chip Emulators, are there any good ones for this ECU to tune on the fly so that i'd just have to burn a chip in the end when i'm happy with the tune?

Thijs_Rallye
16 hours ago, Chöschi said:

Another thing that came up, Chip Emulators, are there any good ones for this ECU to tune on the fly so that i'd just have to burn a chip in the end when i'm happy with the tune? 

I use a moates ostrich for that purpose.

Just a word of warning when starting on this, do not underestimate the amount work involved in understanding what is what in a ROM dump. Dumping the ROM is the easy part.

What helped me loads was studying this website: https://web.archive.org/web/20111003001723/http://motronic.ws/

Edited by Thijs_Rallye

Chöschi

I know that it's gonna take a lot of time, but i'd like to learn how to do this kind of stuff myself. My main problem is that i don't even know where to start to be able to read and Flash eeproms? What do i have to get to even start out, apart from even just the tuning part?

Thijs_Rallye

To read the eprom I've used a TL866 programmer. So buy one of those, take out the eprom and read it. Get a hex editor open the rom and start regretting your decisions like me. WinOLS works ok for editing, or you can consider using TunerPro which is free. I found that making the XDF's is a tedious job since the axis are all calculated recursively(ish), something TunerPro does not support natively. 

Edited by Thijs_Rallye

Chöschi
On 5/2/2022 at 3:41 PM, Thijs_Rallye said:

To read the eprom I've used a TL866 programmer.

that one works with the chip withotu adapters, or do i need any adapters for it as well?

Thijs_Rallye
5 hours ago, Chöschi said:

that one works with the chip withotu adapters, or do i need any adapters for it as well?

It can read the 27C256 just fine. And loads of others. It clamps on the legs of the eprom.

image.thumb.png.cc6a055d8d4fd069e49cde5ec2deecf3.png

Chöschi

arlight, i read the Eeprom, tiem to see if i can wrap my head around making XDF Files for it

• Like 1

Chöschi

or, does anyone have an XDF Fiel for these ECU's that i could use?

• Haha 1

Thijs_Rallye

Allright, I'll give you a hint. 3B is the header for a RPM axis.