• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
oror494

XU10J2TE 3 angle valve job

oror494

Hi all
i just took the head off from my XU10J2TE and when it will be refurbished i also want to do a 3 angle valve job
I'm not in the UK and the head machinist asked for the angles and said he will cut them
so what angles will be best for this head?
also what is the best head gasket i can get for this engine
the block is bored to 87mm and I'm running boost of 1.5 bar at the moment 

Thanks

SRDT

On a stock block the metallic gasket from the XU10J4RS is often used, with a 87mm bore you could try reusable rings for the bores and a regular XU10 gasket machined open.

petert

I’d be worried if he’s asking you. It doesn’t sound like he has a lot of experience cutting seats. Is there a speciality head place close by? And how does he cut them? Modern seat cutting is done with a single tooth, carbide cutter, which is cnc, driven by a computer. They require no lapping because the finish is so superior and a profile can be cut down into the throat, minimising the need for hand blending.

Also important, is not just the angles but also the width of the seat. Regardless, I post some profiles for you tomorrow that I use.

• Like 1

petert

Sorry, this is for a 16V inlet valve, but you'll get the idea.

3 angle bv seat.JPG

• Thanks 1