• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Motorsport Artist

205 gti main fuseboard pics

Motorsport Artist

I'm trying to get a few really good pictures of the fuseboard behind the glovebox with all plugs  relays and fuses in place. 

I know the plugs are 'plug and play' but I'm just trying to confirm what it should  look like in terms of placement. It also had various relays and fuses missing when I bought it as a none runner.

The car is a 1988 1600 model if that make any difference. 

Any help really appreciated 

Fran

Gohn

its a bit daunting when you first look at it, especially when its all disconnected with wires going everywhere

but it'll come together ok,

mines a '92 Si not a '88 GTi so the pic is not going to be identical to yours and dont have the detail you need

another owner might send a pic with the relays for yours

all the fuseboards across all models and years are the same, peugeot part number 650012

but the different models did/did not use some plugs, so more basic models have less plugs/relays

for eg power windows, central locking etc aren't on base models

Go from front to back (furthest to closest to you)

wires/plugs, then the relays, then the fuses

when putting my own board back in, I put it in location without plugging it into the two rear plastic sockets

let all the wires kind of hang down, they should hang close to where they plug in

each plug is DIFFERENT in length or shape, so there'll be only one plug for each slot

work from the front row, one at a time, to the row closest to you last

check the shape of the Left Front slot and look for the plug, then next slot etc

the main difficulty is there are obsolete slots and you wont know which ones

so you'll probably have to do it twice to get it all correct

but just go thru each row and at the end if you've a loose wire/plug find the slot

the relays may be the same as mine or not but the black cover's off to show them anyway

the 1988 GTi is a crossover model so the book gives two versions for the Fuses :

14 slots L to R: 10,25,25, blank,10, blank,25,25,20,5,5,5,5,15

in the other version its all the same except the 25Amp in bold (slot 7) is 20Amp

fboard.JPG

• Like 1

Ryan

I've got this picture. It's not complete and the wires have all been cut, but it shows what plugs go where. As said, the plugs are all colour coded and will only fit in one place - a 4-pin brown plug won't fit in the socket meant for a 4-pin yellow or a 4-pin blue for example.

fusebox.jpg.47586cff8796be0c415c48a2a9a820de.jpg

Fuses vary a bit between models and years.

• Like 1

welshpug

there is a coloured dot next to each slot too, possibly not on all years.

Motorsport Artist

Thanks everyone, this is all really helpful and I  appreciate  the time and detailed responses.