• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Ashman

205 Horn Issue

Ashman

Morning guys

The horns on the Pug are not working. I haven't used them for a long time as the Pug has been off the road for a few years. Anyway, it seems that we are only getting about 5-6 volts to them if I measure the input on the meter. I figured this would most likely be an earthing issue, so I measured it again with the meter, but taking the earth from the main body/gearbox strap, but again I'm getting the same reading. Would this be correct?

Also, while investigating this issue I came across this multiplug that doesn't seem to go anywhere and wondered what it was and what it does? It sits down between the rad and front panel on the nearside of the car and the original horn earth is also bolted to the back of it - brown wire. The Pug is an '86.

Any help much appreciated

Ash

pug1plug.jpg

pug2plug.jpg

welshpug

that is an earth point.

the horn will be earthed there, first point to check if you have a volt drop across the 2 horn terminals.

if you have purely a drop on the feed side then you need to work backwards along that circuit

Edited by welshpug

Ashman

Thanks. Obviously an earth now you pointed it out and will clean it up first and see what happens.