• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Drifter

Wet Boot

Guest Drifter

Opened boot today to find a fair bit of moisture in the boot (so much that it soaked a shhet in the boot). Think the boot must be leaking a bit. Sure I have heard reports about older Pugs boots leaking. Surely this is a common problem?

Ahl

Yes.

It leaks through the boot lock, wiper arm hole, wiper washer hole, plastic trim hole and through the window seal.

You can easily silicone seal everything yourself except the window seal which is a pain in the tits.

Guest Dave

Seems to be. Mine leaks a lot. Most obvious place is the rubber seal. Over time it has been squashed and distorted at the bottom where the two ends join, so it doesnt seal properly.

My interior is stripped so when it gets flooded, I just aqua-vac all the water out, but if you have carpets and stuff you should sort the leaks as the carpets and soudproofing will hold water and start to rust the floor.

Batfink

I'll bet money on it being the rear hatch window seal

jj205
Yes.

It leaks through the boot lock, wiper arm hole, wiper washer hole, plastic trim hole and through the window seal.

You can easily silicone seal everything yourself except the window seal which is a pain in the tits.

:wacko: thats all the bits water will leak in, spot on there. Well it took me ages when i first got my 205 to fix my leak, after putting silicone on everything, Oh two more places ive thought off, the two ruber hoses that connect the rear door wires and washer jet water supply pipe, they are in the top join of the rear door between the roof (body) and door. If they split or pop out you can get water oin your boot, but generally you see wet patches inside on the roof at the rear.

How does water leak in your boot, when you open the boot door, do you get a lot of water driping out of those tow cut out square holes, either side of the door on it bottom end. If so id say the leak is inside the door so all the points Ahl said, if not and you never see loads of water coming out of these holes, then its either the seal around the door is damaged worn, or maybe your rear door is not ajusted properly, so not held tigh enough on the rubber seal when shut. If its a bad leak you will have water under your rear seats causing mould/rot and rust if left long enough. Well thats all i can think off hope it helps.

Jonathan :lol:

Edited by jj205

Ross

If the water is leaking into the back left or right hand corners I have found that it is the rubber seals around the rear lights. If you unbolt them, clean them up and apply silicone around seal before refitting.

Has worked on three 205's so far for me.

Ross

Alan_M

What about the little plugs that hold the carpet down in the boot?

cybernck

can you buy some NEW rubber seals from pug or some rubber seals suppliers?

Guest Simon_205GTi

my XS used to leak like a beast...well annoying!

mine leaked by the boot hinge on the left of the boot, i chucked a silly amount of silicone around there and it fixed it

Simes
can you buy some NEW rubber seals from pug or some rubber seals suppliers?

If you mean the rear side window rubbers then yes, I ordered two when I was in France at 55 each which works out much cheaper than the UK.

cybernck

actually i meant doors, rear windows and a hatch :).

though the doors and the hatch might be replacable by some universal ones cut to length.

Sign in to follow this