• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Richie-Van-GTi

Standard PAS pipework

Richie-Van-GTi

Im fitting pas from a 1.9 to my 1.6. never had a 205 with pas before and a but stumped on the pipes, got the pump and alternator mounted and the main high pressure from pump to rack sorted.

My reservoir has about 2-3ft of fairly large pipe hanging from it, looks way too long to go to the pump, unless it does a big loop or I'm mounting the reservoir in the wrong place....near the jack?

Seems the conversion kit off facebook is missing bits as well, like tank mount bracket.

It looks like the return hose runs through the loop and up along the side of engine timing belt end and i to the top side of resevoir?

Its the fill hose that is throwing me.

Tom Fenton

The reservoir should go nearer the passengers side headlamp, with a bracket off the slam panel.

Richie-Van-GTi
40 minutes ago, Tom Fenton said:

The reservoir should go nearer the passengers side headlamp, with a bracket off the slam panel.

Thanks Tom, i had it drivers side for the mock up, doesnt look like there is space the other side with shunt box, battery, washer tanks etc.

Are the brackets LHD and RHD or all cars mounted nearside?

Gohn
8 hours ago, Richie-Van-GTi said:

doesnt look like there is space the other side with shunt box, battery, washer tanks etc.

its a tight fit, if you have one, you'll need to suck in your gut

no idea what the facebook conversion kit is like but the OE brackets are in the pics

the first pic shows the bracket and location for the Si/GTi at Left Front

I just put one bolt in the slam panel as a mock up without a battery and the reservoir bottle to show what goes where

and the battery terminals have to fit in there somewhere too

chucked in the part catalog diagram in case you're still struggling with the piping

(the other pic is just the bracket and location for the diesel even though you dont need it)

PowerSteerPiping.png

pasSiGti.JPG

pasDiesel.JPG

• Thanks 1

DamirGTI

I fitted 306 PAS reservoir , situated on the inner wing in place where the jack used to be .. needs just one mounting bolt drilling trough .

Can take a photo if wanted to see ..

D

joris_andriesse

Does any of you perhaps know what size tread is used for the ftting of both lines into the steeringrack?

image.png.26b496fdf4ee0faa757226c2ecee016b.png

Gohn

M14x1.5

petert

And M16x1.5? ie inlet is different to outlet

Gohn

tried to check just now , think you're right

I measured the hose not the rack so assumed they were the same

the top hole on the rack has a hose fitting M14x1.5

and the other end of that hose into the pwr steer pump is M16x1.5

so the bottom hole would be M16x1.5

probably designed like that to avoid mixups like mine

joris_andriesse

Thanks.
I have a cracked presure pipe, but since I was planning to replace the whole steeringrack for a xsara VTS version, I just want for now to disconnect the current steeringrack and place two bolts in it to keep the dirt out. Just a heavier steering for a while.

petert

Muscle up!

• Haha 1

PhilNW

Slight deviation from the original subject but how much reduction in effort does PAS give?

Put PAS on my 205 a few years ago but still seems to be heavy steering.

Not sure how you check whether pump and/or ram is working properly (No leaks anywhere)

SRDT

It's firm but effort stays the same from lock to lock. PAS racks are quicker so with no power it clearly feels heavier than a regular rack.