• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Chöschi

XU10J2TE RGY Oil to Water Heat Exchanger and Camshaft

Chöschi

Hello, i'm new Here, i don't actually own a 205, but i've registered because i have a 1993 XM with a 2.0 Turbo, and you guys seem to have quite an active 8v XU Forum here.

Following issue, my XM is loosing coolant into the oil and i need a new oil-water heat exchanger, the one under the Oil Filter, now, Citroen and Peugeot obviously don't have them anymore, and i can't find any new ones online either, and so i was thinking, since there are a lot of XU Turbo swapped 205's, has anyone ever replaced it with a different Unit, preferrably sonething that just fits plug and play?

On another Note, if it isn't that, it will be the Head or Headgasket, and when i already have that one off, what would be a good choice to swap the cam for that would go well with the stock turbo and Exhaust manifold? the non-turbo 8v Cam? friend of mine has swapped a non-turbo XUD9 cam into his D-Turbo 306 and said it made a nice difference on that one. Not looking for huge amounts of power btw, but a bit more power without raising the boost would be quite a nice thing to have. i'd try out the bigger non-turbo throttle body as well while thats all off.

SRDT

Heat exchangers from a XUD or a DW can fit as long as you also use the corresponding oil filter insert.

The stock cam that is often used is from the non cat early XU10J2 (R6A) that was exclusive to the 605 and XM. It's not easy to find and there should be none in Switzerland.

DamirGTI

1.9 XU9JAZ (DKZ) or 2.0 XU10J2 (RFX) cams are also good cheap options for replacing std. 2.0 T item .

D