• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Richie-Van-GTi

Wiring looms, how do they seperate down?

Richie-Van-GTi

Bit of an odd one as I got caught out without doing any due diligence.

How does the wiring under the dash split out into different looms?

I had assumed it was all one big loom from fusebox to gauges and brown multiplugs. Then there was another loom that went from fusebox to lighting etc.

I bought an under dash loom for a phase 2 (mine is phase 2) as my brown multiplugs were hacked and the wiring near the fusebox has been hacked for a badly fitted immobiliser previously. Got the loom and its only the clocks, wiring down to doors and some fusebox bits. Not the brown plugs, switches in centre of dash etc. Also the door plugs are part of the new loom, on mine they unplug from the loom.

Im trying to work out what loom i need to replace the hacked bits of mine. 

Edited by Richie-Van-GTi
Grammar

welshpug

if the door wiring doesn't have a round plug on the end its not a phase2 loom.

also sounds like you havent bought a full loom if the heater area switchgear is missing.

Richie-Van-GTi
13 hours ago, welshpug said:

if the door wiring doesn't have a round plug on the end its not a phase2 loom.

also sounds like you havent bought a full loom if the heater area switchgear is missing.

Found other dash looms for sale and they look like what I bought without the switches.

My car had the original loom in when i bought it, certainly nothing to say the dash had ever been out before. Could the difference be electric windows as mine is a 1.6?

Ryan

Some of the early phase 2 cars had slightly different looms. Mine is from late 1990 and has what's mostly ph2 wiring but there are no round plugs for the doors.

Richie-Van-GTi
On 1/26/2022 at 10:42 AM, Ryan said:

Some of the early phase 2 cars had slightly different looms. Mine is from late 1990 and has what's mostly ph2 wiring but there are no round plugs for the doors.

Sounds the same as mine, its a 91 phase 2. It unplugs before entering the A post