• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Shakeel5477

Xu10 head on 2.0 Hdi block possibility

Shakeel5477

Hi 

i have 1 question regarding xu10 turbo, i wonder if anyone ever tried xu10 cylinder head on a 2.0 hdi block, is that do able ? anyone got info i have some hdi engines lying around, 

SRDT

It should be pretty close but does it exactly match for each oil and water passage? Not even all XUD match so you need to take a very good look at the deck and the head.

Shakeel5477

i will check that, i wonder if the cylinder head oil water passage match can i turbo this ? using hdi full crank and piston with the xu10 head, sounds crazy but saw a post about this somewhere

welshpug

can't imagine the oil gallery being moved.

you wont want to use diesel rod and piston, compression ratio will be quite wrong, and they are very heavy.

S16 rod and piston would work, though only with the block bored out 1mm, a 16v head, and take some material off the piston crown to lower the compression a little.

Edited by welshpug
  • Like 1

SRDT

The shape of oil returns can change a bit, you can't directly use a XUD9 head on a XUD11 block because of that.

Shakeel5477

Okay understood , 

For a non turbo engine, can i use xu10j4rs head on DW10 block, with Dw10 crank and Xu10j4R piston and rod ?

If i want replace crank with xud11 anyone got info what rods i need ? 

welshpug

Custom rods, length depends on the piston

SRDT

You probably need some work on the J4R pistons crowns as the 88mm crank will have them sitting 1mm closer to the head, at least deeper valve pockets.

Also XU10J4R with no oil jets (all but the very early ones) should have drilled rods, as the DW10 block has oil jets you should probably use non drilled rod bearings.

When using the XUD11 crank you need wider rods like on the early XU10 and XU10J4TE, that is not the case if you use the DW12 crank.