• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mmt

First use

mmt

Hi Guys,

when (date) was the 2.0 gti6 first used? 

the iron block came from the later 405 mi16 model as far as I Can see. Has it been used in the 405 with the xu10j4 rs head? In which Citroën models was the engine used? 

I’ve read the Wikipedia stuff but find it poorly detailed was hopning that you know more :-) 

thanks

DamirGTI

Citroen ZX , Xsara , Peugeot 306 .

As far as years , not sure think from 93-> .. was in early Ph1 Xsara's as well as Ph2 , Ph2 Peugeot 306 , ZX probably included in later models too . Never in a 405 , 405 had 1.9/2.0 Mi's and T16 . 

D

SRDT

The iron block is not exactly the same than the older XU10J4, the deck is more open like in the XU10J2TE. The early XU10j4R on the 605 and XM was using RS rods and piston oil jets from 01/06/1995 up to 19/11/1995. Later they used drilled rods.

The XU10J4RS was first used on the ZX and 306 (mk1 at the time) in october 1996. Other than that you can find it on the Xsara and the Hommell Berlinette RS. There is also a 195hp variant inside the Hommell Berlinette RS2.

mmt

Thanks guys.  Good stuff. 

SRDT

I said RS rods for the early XU10J4R but it's only confirmed for spare parts, rods fitted at the factory may or may not be the same.

I don't know why they did this in the first place, maybe as a test or maybe they had trouble drilling the rods but wanted to launch the new engine anyway.

You can probably find more information if you look here:

http://www.ckc.dk

petert

Some other important info:

The XU10J4 was fitted to Mi16 and S16.

The S16 version has a vacuum pump on the inlet cam. The Mi16 version doesn't.

The early Mi16 XU10J4 doesn't have a windage tray.

The XU10J4 and XU10J4RS blocks have piston oil squirters. The later XU10J4R doesn't. I'm unsure, but I don't think the XU10J2TE does either.

The XU10J4 rods/pistons are full floating. The XU10J4R and XU10J4RS rods are press fit.

DamirGTI

XU10J2TE block does have oil jets too , i think of it same like an iron MI block just with the 8v head .

D

SRDT

Windage tray sine 11/1993 on the 405.

I think the XU10J2TE oil jets are small ones, a bit like on the XUD.

XU8T, XU9J4 and XU10J4/TE/RS jets are long ones that cross over to shot straight at the exhaust side but on the 8v engine the exhaust valve is in the midle.

• Like 1