• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
credowan

Usable parts from a five door diesel for Gti rebuild

credowan

Hope everyone had a good Christmas.

ive got the chance to get a 1994 five door diesel 205 and 

I’m looking for information on what parts are interchangeable from the five door 205 diesel 1.8 and a 205 Gti.

any sub looms usable for indicators and rear lights etc.
are the front doors same as a three door 

Thanks 
Gary

SRDT

The front doors are too short but you can use the fron wings if you cut them like on the GTI.

credowan

Thanks any idea on sub looms 

SRDT

Some or many of them depending of the year. But if you can just keep the entire loom to have spare connectors and wires at hand.

I had a wire in bad shape under the dashboard thanks to an old alarm, instead of buying new pins and wire or trying my luck with soldering I just took the same wire from a spare loom.

• Like 1

credowan

Thanks appreciate the information 

Gohn

there's lots of little bits and pieces, but very little on a 5 door D that you can use on a GTi

you could always get those loom sections from any 205 that is already in bits, maybe leave that one whole if its a runner

not panels, bumpers, badges, trims, suspension, brakes, hubs, interior, windows, doors, wheels, or fuel

on the plus side you could use the front lights/indicators, tail lights, spare wheel basket, windscreen, steer column, handbrake, grill, wipers, and the air in the tyres (if they aren't flat)

SRDT

I think you can trim the upper part of the bumper to fit, on the doors you have the latch, handle and locks.