• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Nbettley

Mi16 fuel / ignition wiring.

petert
9 hours ago, Tideee said:

Hi there and a thousand apologies for maybe side tracking this particular thread....but would you happen to have a full manual for the Motronic M1.3 fitted as standard into a 205 1.9 8v cat - so an XU9JAZ (DKZ) that you might be able to share please ???

Sorry, no, not exactly. I have a paper version of Motronic 1.3 405 8V. The 8V versions are the same as the 16V, but without the ICV or the knock sensor. So if you understand that wiring diagram you can sort the rest. All the fault finding, codes etc. is identical.

petert

Here's the Motronic 8V version. As you can see, it's basically identical.

xu9j2_ecu.jpg

• Thanks 1

Nbettley
On 1/2/2022 at 6:41 PM, welshpug said:

I hadn't realised this ecu is wired differently to the 2 row that I worked on earlier this year!

From my Haynes manual, seems like the ecu gets an Igniton live on wire 2 which also goes to the coil and ignition amplifier, then as mentioned above the ecu pulls the relays to ground.

51793726822_0bce1c021a_m.jpgPeugeot 405 xu9j4z M1.3 wiring diagram by WELSHPUG, on Flickr

Any chance you can re-share this image Welsh pug, it won't let me open the image to see it in detail. I need to check something

Thanks

Nick

welshpug

Try now, was set to private for some reason :rolleyes:

Nbettley

Thanks mate, much appreciated

Nbettley

Left the car for a few months whilst i did some body work and now i am struggling to get the injectors to fire, i have the fuel pump priming and have a spark at all the leads, Put a diode in the injector and not getting any pulses? Do the injectors fire if it has low fuel pressure?

welshpug

Yes, the only thing that will stop them is lack of 12v, or no crank signal, seeing as you have spark then you have crank signal.