• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

duurtlang

No power/heavy stuttering after longer engine braking

duurtlang

My 205 has the XU10J2TE engine, so the 2.0 8V turbo. Untuned.

I notice that when I push it hard, it works very well. However, after I've pushed it hard and I take it a little slower it frequently stutters. This is especially clear when giving it some throttle after longer periods of engine braking (downhill). I am not entirely confident about this point, but it seems like it mostly happens when the petrol tank is below half full. It feels like there is no/not enough petrol reaching the cylinders. If I don't interfere it will simply not rev; pressing the throttle does either nothing or leads to stutters.

A quick fix is pressing the clutch. The engine then returns to idle, which it does just fine. After idling for a second or two I depress the clutch and it will accelerate again.

This doesn't happen when cruising at responsible speed on straight-ish roads. Only after an Autobahn trip at very German speeds, or on mountainous roads. The issue has recently appeared, and was not happening before.

My guess is something with the fuel pump or fuel lines, but I am not a very experienced wrencher. I'd like to ask if someone can give me some pointers.

PhilNW

Suggest you do a check of fuel pressure at the pump on the delivery line , before chasing any electrical problems

DamirGTI

Might be fuel pump dying .. not yet completely but "on the way" .

Other , ignition module . Very common problem especially on fully warmed up/hot engine .

That's Motronic 3.2 management on a 2.0T , you have green 2pin diagnostic connector near the ECU connector end on the wiring loom .. try to run self diagnostics , and see if it displays any fault codes .