• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Chris Turner

Wont start when warm.

Chris Turner

CAR 205, VIN VF320AKD225721714,  Model 205 5P, Version 1.4i, Generation 5CV, Series VF320AKD2.

I am trying to find a fault with the above car which is driving me mad !

It will start and run very well when cold and continues to run well after it has warmed-up, BUT, if you stop for maybe 20 mins e.g. shopping or walking the dog, it will not start.

I have taken off and dismantled and cleaned the Bosch single point injection unit, cleaned all electrical contacts to it etc. I am pretty sure it's not an ignition problem because if I pour a teaspoon of petrol directly into the "carb" it will fire. If you then leave it to completely cool, it starts and runs fine.

Help, PLEASE !

Richard309Sri XU5JA 205GTi

is this the correct spec, I didnt google it in french but came up first:-

https://www.largus.fr/fiche-technique/Peugeot/205/Ii/1998/Berline+5+Portes/14+Generation+5p-719011.html

I'm not familiar with the injection system for this model but will have a look tomorrow for the symptoms described 

(not spamming just checking Im looking up the right thing) 

Chris Turner

Hi, thanks so much for the help. It's not my car, that of a friend, but the VIN details are correct and the others I got from a bill from a local garage I found in the car. If you need any more info then please ask and I'll get it. Thanks, Chris.

• Like 1

Richard309Sri XU5JA 205GTi

I think I have found a Haynes reference section to look at - as per attached pic -first page -  I am just posting this to see if anyone can confirm or if they know for 100%. TBH I am not a professional mechanic but just trying to see if there is anything obvious it could be. There seems to be several things it could be if I have got the right system. I ll check using the details in your first post again. 

Also does anyone know if the bosch single point injection is similar to the Chrysler mono injection system because I do have a section and trouble shooting in a haynes fuel injection general manual. 

[Are these 1990 models also known as "sacre numero"? or the entire range of 205 - for saving peugeot ]

(hope its not breaking copyright just posting this page)734171019_bg1(1).thumb.png.e22e540462a4cd850d719db301e4f485.png

Thijs_Rallye

Check if the fuel pump is running. The pump relays often quit when hot on the monopoints. The relay is fitted on the bulkhead.

• Like 1