• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugfrank

New engine bay hoses?

pugfrank

Hi all, 

Been away from scene for a few years now, cars been off the road for approx 5 years. I need to do some bits on the car before it can hit the tarmac again, first few jobs are replacement of all perishable hoses in the engine bay oil and water.

Where is the best place to purchase hoses from? i guess it cheaper to buy kits?  Would prefur black to keep original? Can you get upgraded type hoses to last longer? 

My metal brake pipes have also seen much better days, can you purchase ready made kits in the correct shapes with all correct fittings? 

Im sure over the next few months their will be plenty more bits to replace, but got to start some where. 

Thanks for your help in advance.

welshpug

baker bm do a variety of different hoses and brake lines.

Telf

They do. After 2 years I have baker fuel limes that I've had to return and the elbow going into the throttle body is splitting on the oil breather to the oil filler. Find original if you can. It will last longer. 

pugfrank

Thanks for advice,  Dose anyone know how I can source the original part numbers for the hoses I need, the Peugeot part number I mean.  This will make trawling the internet and approaching my local motor factors a little easier if I have the Peugeot part numbers. 

pugfrank
14 minutes ago, pugfrank said:

Thanks for advice,  Dose anyone know how I can source the original part numbers for the hoses I need, the Peugeot part number I mean.  This will make trawling the internet and approaching my local motor factors a little easier if I have the Peugeot part numbers. 

Just remembered about service box :)

Gohn

in case service box stuffs up on you (which is a common complaint)

for part numbers use this instead, its much easier anyway :

https://catalogs.ssg.asia/peugeot/?lang=en

and telf were your hoses the rubber or silicone sets they sell?

I've seen the silicone sets and they look nice, but do they just look nice or actually last better ?

welshpug

had silicone hoses on my 205 for 17 years :lol:

pugfrank
On 7/27/2021 at 8:30 AM, Gohn said:

in case service box stuffs up on you (which is a common complaint)

for part numbers use this instead, its much easier anyway :

https://catalogs.ssg.asia/peugeot/?lang=en

and telf were your hoses the rubber or silicone sets they sell?

I've seen the silicone sets and they look nice, but do they just look nice or actually last better ?

Great thanks for this, just the job