• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

peterhenry07

MI16 Engine code

peterhenry07

I am trying to determine if a MI16 engine that I am looking @ is a D6C or a DFW - the PTC plate is missing - the only thing I have is the engine number which starts with 1CW5D, does anyone know if this tells me anything? Someone has told me if the Bosch label on the ECU is green it is an early Mi16  which means it is a D6C. Thanks, 

SRDT

1CW** means it's a 1.9 XU engine.

The last two digits should tell more about the engine like if it has A/C or in which car it should fit but I don't have this information.

As for the ECU it may not be the right one for this particular engine.

You can also look at the stamps on the inlet cam pulley: 2 for early D6C, 3 for a DFW and 4 for the later D6C. But again you could have a D6C head with a DFW block.

If you can use a borescope to look at the stamp on the piston crown then you will know: Z for D6C and X for DFW.

peterhenry07

Thanks Folks, unfortunately the ecu label is damaged

20210624_195911.jpg

SRDT

Looks like 0 261 200 354 or 355 to me, so this ECU should be for a D6C engine.

But because this is a 55 pin 3 row ECU that means the original ECU could also have been a DFW one.

petert

If there is no lambda sensor or fitting for one in the exhaust downpipe, it has always been a late D6C with 355 ecu.

peterhenry07

Thanks everyone for your help. Took the pulley guard off and #4 on the inlet and #2 on the exhaust - no #3 which was the main thing I was trying to establish. Bought it! Peter.