• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
AndyG

Flexi hose bracket Rear

AndyG

Hi 

I think there is a rear flexi hose bracket missing off the rear near side of my sons car but not sure what it looks like ( 205 gti 1.6)

Does anyone have a picture of what it is supposed to be like? think it should attach to the body. or does anyone have this bracket for sale?

thanks 

Andy

pug_ham

Which bracket do you think is missing?  See the attached pdf for the system layout.

From what I remember, there is only the bracket on the lower shock bolt on the nearside of a 1.6 GTI, on the body side above the beam, the flexi comes straight out of the T piece & loops round to that bracket.

The T piece is bolted through a small bracket off the body but otherwise, I don't think there are any other brackets on that side.

g

205 STANDARD BRAKE PIPING.pdf

• Thanks 1

Gohn

got a couple of pics because they always look different in the flesh..

I've not worked on a 1.6GTi, but they HAVE to be the same

the first one is the little bracket that bolts up to the body which you suspect is the lost one (its fastened onto a captive bolt with a 10mm nut)

the second one is what G mentioned, the lower shock bolt goes thru the centre loop

braket1.JPG

braket2.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

pug_ham
58 minutes ago, Gohn said:

the first one is the little bracket that bolts up to the body which you suspect is the lost one (its fastened onto a captive bolt with a 10mm nut)

braket1.JPG

IIRC, the 1.6 GTI doesn't have this on both sides because there is only a single line brakepipe to the back L/H side where it goes into the T & then a pipe runs across the shell to the bracket above for the R/H flexi.

g

• Thanks 1

Gohn
2 hours ago, Gohn said:

I've not worked on a 1.6GTi, but they HAVE to be the same

er woops

nice one G

that's not the first time the 1.6GTi has caught me out

don't have a pic of the one needed unfortunately

• Thanks 1

Richard309Sri XU5JA 205GTi

ah believe you are talking about this one - as per photo 

in this photo it is clamped but I think it still shows what you are talking about 

I can get more photos later on.photo attached is from my french 205gti restoration manual 

I have got this in my 309 sri as its the same set up as the 205 gti 1.6 

I know mine is the same as there is only one brake line to both rear brakes 

20210625_162433.jpg

• Thanks 1

Tom Fenton

Full set of 1.6 brake hose brackets here. The one you are missing is top right in the photo. It would be straight forward enough to make something to do the job from angle iron or folded steel. As someone has said, the ns flexi hose screws straight into a t piece on the 1600’s.

8BCE315B-C745-44DD-AE28-D0140EEC28B2.jpeg

• Like 1

Tom Fenton

Under the car, rear beam not fitted.

AB6E68B3-3CD1-4578-B28A-CDBF5B0600E4.jpeg

• Thanks 1

AndyG

Guys thanks very much for explaining this!
from the pictures you all have posted I think the bracket is in place which holds the T piece, what has confused me is someone has added a short piece of copper brake pipe in to the T piece and then connected the flexi to the other end of the copper pipe which looks like the bracket is missing!

I will have another look tomorrow and will try and post a pic of what we have.

Tom I will get back to you if we need to get good brackets.
thanks again

Andy

pug_ham
12 hours ago, AndyG said:

what has confused me is someone has added a short piece of copper brake pipe in to the T piece and then connected the flexi to the other end of the copper pipe which looks like the bracket is missing!

Ahh, this could be because they were supplied the wrong hose for the 1.6 GTI, not the first time I know of this happening.

The hose on that side has a male & a female end where the 1.9 has both ends female, I've seen this before but they had sourced an M10 union to make it fit.

The proper hose was difficult to find a few years ago when I needed one, looking on various parts sites now, they want to supply the hose that runs from the rigid to the caliper on the 1.9 GTI in it's place but there is a difference in length iirc, the one you need being longer.

g.