• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Richie-Van-GTi

Ignition relay part number help xu10j4r

Richie-Van-GTi

Im converting a car to run with xu10j4r management, (mp5.2) from a 98 306 2.0 16v.

Been having some issues with i believe the relay.

Basically when i turn on ignition i have nothing with 2 of the relays i have but they both work on my gti6 engine.

I have a 3rd relay, no part number on it but diagram looks same as the gti6 ones. That one will switch fuel pump on permanently as soon as its plugged on and car will fire up but it then wont turn off. Suspect this could be a faulty relay?

Does anyone know the peugeot part number that i need? From what i can find on autodata the gti6 relay switched live is different to the xsi relay, the switch and one permanent live is transposed between them.

If anyone has a list of exactly what wires need a switched live from the xsi loom even better

welshpug

if you have autodata then all the information is there.

likely to be pretty similar, one switched live and one live feed that splits to a few pins.

Richie-Van-GTi

couple of minor changes between them, J4RS doesn't use pin 3, pin 14 is switched live and pin 2 is a permanent live. J4R doesn't use pin 12 and pins 2 and 14 are inverted to the RS.

The missing pins on each are respectively immobiliser and ecu 12v feeds on the other. From what I can gather my issue has been a combination of the wrong relay (rs) being used on a J4R and that pin 3 hasn't been ran back to the ECU. Weirdly if I ground pin 3 (wire gets red hot) then it will run or if I tie it to another switched live it will run (but wont turn off). I am guessing the loom came from a keypad car rather than a transponder car and that's why the tie in to the ECU isn't in a sealed like the rest of the wires or the way pin 12 is on the RS looms.

Anyway, genuine XSI relay on order, will see what happens after that :D

welshpug

16v xsi was phase2, they stopped using the keypad late phase1.

Richie-Van-GTi

The xsi 16v was available as a phase one.

Anyway its the only assumption i can make as to why it isnt already joined to the ecu, but its french so who knows

welshpug

no, phase1 was only 8v, the only 16v engines in a phase1 were the rfy S16 on a bosch ecu, without keypad in early cars, with on later, and gti6 with magnetti marelli ECU.

ecu is german or italian..

Edited by welshpug

welshpug

4549 35 is the oem part number for a 135 bhp phase2 xsi double relay, same part number listed for a 306 gti6.

welshpug

so from the wiring diagram, pins  8 11 14 and 15 are permanent lives, they are all supplied afaik from the alternator on the same post as the main battery live, wire numbers are BB8 BB11 BB14 and BB15.

switched live from ignition to pin 2, wire number CC2, I'm unsure how the immobiliser functions on this but appears to be part of the relay control and interrupts a second switched live for the relay and ecu with wire 822 / 822a between ecu pin 34 and relay pin 3.