• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

ArthurH

Fog Light Switch - Pin out?

ArthurH

Hi, I'm trying to unravel a problem with the rain light on my son's 205 CSH race car.  The original builder had, not unreasonably, repurposed the standard fog light switch for this.  It stopped working last weekend, and having checked some of the wiring connected to the switch, I am becoming more confused as to how it ever did work!  Would anyone have any form of 'pin out' diagram for the internals of the switch?

TIA

karabas

Hi, I hope this is what you're looking for.

It's from haynes manual. I edited for my self though.

I read from your other post that the rain light wired to HRW switch. If so you need Diagram 3 as well for the HRW switch.

exterior lights.pdf

• Like 1

ArthurH

Thank you both for your replies :-)

Haken, just to confuse the issue, it looks like the original builder of the race car used the HRW relay and onwards wiring to get the power to the rain light, but it is now operated via the foglight switch !  The HRW switch operates the transponder :-)

Damir, I think both your and Haken's diagrams are from the Haynes manual.  It is going to help me a lot, although the fog light switch fitted to our car has 5 terminals - so I think I will need to create my own version of the switch internals.