• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

richard64

205 Mi16 exhaust manifold

richard64

Hi, This is my first posting so apologies if it is in the wrong place etc.

I am restoring my 1,9 Mi16 205GTI after 25 years of being stationary on the drive. I have found the exhaust manifold has cracked and is beyond a welded repair. Does anyone have any recommendations regarding manifolds. I don't think my engine has been tilted. It was built by Hartwell Racing  in 1992 and I don't know the details of how they did the upgrade (car is with a garage at present so I can't check).

There appears to be 2 manifold options:

Spoox stainless steel manifold and one by Maniflow. 

I have heard the Maniflow one has fitment issues on some cars. Does anyone know if this is true or whether there are other options I can consider.

Thanks

richard64

Thanks, That's a bit cheaper than Spoox version and close to me. Do you know anything about how well it fits, I have heard some are a bit tight fitment wise.

welshpug

its made specifically for the 1.9 so should fit fine, the 2.0 block is taller which is where the issues come in.

richard64

Thanks useful info. I bought the car already professionally modified years ago so don't have the experience of performing the conversion and knowing the issues involved.