• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Gavin Waddell

Engine bay hard fuel line olive.

Gavin Waddell

I’m going to change my flexible fuel lines in the engine bay and also the hard lines under the car. Peugeot still have the fuel line but aren’t sure whether they can get the olive for the hard line and they want silly money for one. Has any one got a spare or know where to get them from or have a another solution? 

Thanks Gavin 

Gavin Waddell

I have another question, I understand the Peugeot fuel lines come a a U shaped length that has to be cut and bent. But do they come preflared on the ends or do I have to flare them?

thanks Gavin 

welshpug

I found this post by Tom Fenton on the first page of search results ;)   

Go to any hydraulics place ask for an olive for an 8L or 8S hydraulic compression fitting.

Should be pence.

as for the fuel line I'm not sure but probably not if it is one length, the feed side doesn't need a flare as its a compression fitting.

bakerbm do the pipes pre bent btw.

Edited by welshpug

Gavin Waddell

Cheers for that.

I had a reply from Peugeot and everything is NFP so going to have to find an alternative either copper pipe, or I’m going to see my local hydraulics guy and see what he can suggest do.

i looked into BBM and the shipping ( I live in Switzerland) is nearly as much as the pipes.

if any one has any other ideas please feel free to suggest.

thanks Gavin 

SootySport

My original fuel pipes were covered in crusty rust but no holes.  I used a poly disc in a grinder and cleaned them up, finished in metal paint and look good as new.

Gavin Waddell

I had a look at the fuel lines last night they have slight surface rust but no real pitting  so I’m going to either sand or media blast them and the etch primer and paint. Car will only be used spring and summer so should be alright, then maybe switch over to some BBM pipes next year.

Leslie green

I made mine in copper they just hose clip the flexible hose on no more silly olives