• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

205ash

Fitting 306 seats in a 205

205ash

Hi All,

I have just bought my 6th 205 which has already started a big transformation. I spent lots of time searching though and found many questions/threads on this topic with mixed replies but no real details, so I thought I would post a kind of “how to” on the subject. I have attached some images too!

Tools needed: T40 socket, 17mm socket, 3/8 ratchet and extension. T20 screwdriver, grinder with a cutting disc, drill with 6mm HSS drill bit

Parts needed: 16x M6 bolts, penny washers and nylock nuts.

1-Remove the standard seats, they are bolted in by 6x T40 bolts each, you can reveal the bolts by moving and tilting the seat back and fourth. The 2 rear “inner” bolts on each seat go all the way through the floor and the bottom is exposed to the elements so were tight all the way out. If you can easily get under the car with WD40 it may make it a little easier to give them a soak first.

2- Remove the runners- the runners on both the 205 and 306 seats are held on with 6 T40 bolts each. The 306 seat belt buckles are attached to the seat frame so remove the buckles from the 205 runners using a 17mm socket. The 306 seats have plastic trims on the side held on with a couple of T20 screws each side, remove these also for now.

3- Prepare the 306 seat. In another thread I saw someone mention cutting out a bar under the seat. This runs front side to side at the Front, with a diagonal bar from the centre of this bar to the rear of the seat opposite to the buckle. This is what you need to carefully cut out. I used a grinder, which took about 10 minutes per seat taking my time. If you can cover the upholstery with a plastic sheet to protect it, for safety keep a bucket of water around just incase any of the sparks smoulder in the padding under the seat or something! 

4-Prepare the 205 runners-  there are 4 locating tabs next to the bolt holes, cut these off and use a drill to drill out the hole, on the opposite side you can see this appears as a bolt hole. 

5- Attach the runners- Using 4 m6 bolts, washers and nuts. There are 6mm locator holes next to the actual bolt holes on the 306 seats, these are the holes to use. Do them finger right one by one until they are all in then tighten. Now because you have used M6 bolts instead of the original M8 bolts, you need to drill some new holes. Good news is they are already there on the runners, so you just need to drill through these holes into seat base. Ones the holes are there, Same again, 4 more bolts, washers and nuts. 

6- Fit the seats- before you do this- you will need to fit the plastic side trips back on the seats. You will need to trim the back of the side where the door opens to clear the 205 tilt handle. 6 T40 bolts and your seats are in! Try out using the 205 tilt and 306 tilt at the same time- could almost get an elephant past!

306 seat, runners removed- here you can see the bar we have to cut out.

8CE4736D-9692-47A9-98E7-79A180C3FBF6.thumb.jpeg.3bebe1740d4f37b80c182b56fe319c9f.jpeg

bar removed

4D63DD79-D50E-4948-9FE4-79779E23A4B4.thumb.jpeg.651a9993b572bf929dac45f9f1fd915f.jpeg

The 4 smaller holes next to the original bolt holes are what we will be fitting the 205 runners to, then with the 205 runners in place you and drill through the 4 extra holes in the runners so each seat can be held in place by 8 bolts. 

1FD5592C-F3D1-46C3-BE84-BCAC410314C1.thumb.jpeg.c90ebf5cee7de79f08c99c561251761f.jpeg

Hope this helps, any feedback appreciated!

Ash