• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Rune

Looking for coilovers / lowering springs for my 85' 1.1xl

Rune

Hello. I just towed my new project back home. A 1985 1.1 205xl.
Im wondering where to buy coilovers / lowering springs? I can find springs that lower 3-4cm, but coilovers can lower 3-6cm, but only in the front.
Can someone help me out here? This is my first 205, and i havent even looked at it yet :)

IMG_20201114_153957.jpg

IMG_20201114_154007.jpg

Rune

I've also bought theese Fondmetal 4000 wheels, 7x15" :)
Think they will fit the car :)

Screenshot_20201116_183702.jpg

calvinhorse

The rear is torsion bar so is adjusted by removing the bars and setting the trailing arm to the night you want and putting the bars back in, sounds simple but it’s not!

if you’re sticking with base model suspension then you can use 205 gti or 306 coil overs but you will need to cut off the anti roll bar tab

lots available on eBay, if you want cheap then I recommend raceland and rukkor, all TUV approved and pretty good in my opinion other than they rust pretty easy

calvinhorse

15x7 wheels don’t really suit base model 205s, they look better on 14” wheels, I think you’ll struggle to lower it much 

• Like 1

Rune
2 hours ago, calvinhorse said:

15x7 wheels don’t really suit base model 205s, they look better on 14” wheels, I think you’ll struggle to lower it much 

Thats why im considering coilovers, so i can adjust the hight as i want :)

boldy205
18 hours ago, Rune said:

Thats why im considering coilovers, so i can adjust the hight as i want :)

I think what Calvin is saying, is that yiu will struggle to lower it that much, especially on 15" wheels, as its a base model shell. GTis have larger rear wheel arches.

• Like 1