• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
davemar

Mi16 weird revving off throttle

davemar

Took the car for a bit of a drive and I was in 4th gear giving it some reasonable power. I then lifted off the accelerator to slow down, but instead of the revs dropping, the revs picked up powering the car forward even faster! Fortunately it was a clear road and a dab of the brakes calmed it back down. Everything when back to normal after that. I've never experienced that before with the car. Has anyone else had anything similar happen?

I'm assuming it is either the throttle cable sticking, or the throttle body doing something odd. Something I need to fix and it was a bit disconbobulating!

SRDT

Don't forget the IAC actuator and it's piping.

jackherer

Also check the top of the accelerator pedal isn't catching the ECU or wiring, I've seen that more than once on 205 Mi16s with the standard (405/BX) ECU because it doesn't fit as well as the 205 one.

davemar

So you think the IAC / ISCV might be unexpectedly opening when it shouldn't, so letting a load of air through?

Edited by davemar
added IAC/ISCV

davemar

I think the problem was with the plastic tube thing that the throttle cable goes through on the throttle body. Due to the length of the cable the plastic tube was clipped in as far as it would go. So when you applied full throttle the pulley would stick under the plastic tube, possible causing these symptoms. I fixed it by cutting back a bit of the shroud on the cable so the plastic tube could be clipped further back.