• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

SyMorson

205 mods

SyMorson

Hi guys

im completely new to the Peugeot 205 so please bare with me.

I have a brand new fully modified dyno’d Mi16 engine laying around giving just over 200bhp I was going to buy a mint 205 GTi but it seemed silly if I was going to tear it apart so today I bought a 1 owner immaculate 205 1.1 Look as I believe the engine will go in, I want a pretty standard looking car just a GTi arch kit and some nice wheels, but I’ve since been told base models are completely different so my questions are...

if I retain the rear drum brake axle (re-built of course), fit coil overs on the front and use 14” BBS -RM wheels 185x50x14 (I don’t Really want to go 1.9 rear axle with discs) how low can I actually go? and will it even work?

or should I go for the 1.9 rear axle and use 15” wheels?

also anyone had experience with the fibreglass  GTi arch kit as the originals seem impossible to get?

im 48 and re living my youth with this so I’ll chuck £5,000 at it if anyone has suggestions 

thanks 

yeti-dj

Hey, 

with the 14” wheels you shouldn’t have to many problems going low, but the 15” wheels will catch the arches on the rear even at standard height unless you cut them back And make a lot of changes. Main difference from the gti shell is the shape of the rear arches, also why you won’t get a gti arch kit that will fit straight on.. google the gti without the trim on and you’ll will clearly see. 

maybe a change of plans and go for the 205 Rallye look instead of the GTI look would be an easier road to go down. 

good luck

Alan_M
8 hours ago, SyMorson said:

a 1 owner immaculate 205 1.1 Look as I believe the engine will go in,

It might, it might not. Not 100% sure but I think the top mount is different on earlier base models and needs to be changed for fitment of XU engines. You'll need a GTi subframe though, plus wishbones etc.