• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Dimi

Replacement fuel pump and fuel tank clean up

Dimi

So last week, I wanted to go for a drive and turned the keys on, but the engine is only cranking.... Hm, I thought, all maintenance items were replaced with new after the complete 75k km diy service I just did ( based on info from you all!).

Took the spare battery and ran wires to the pump, no sound. Quickly took it out and what a sight was waiting for me.... On the enclosure says the correct Bosch number, but inside I realized that the pump is a generic type that fits Toyota Corolla 2005 (if you google it you will see it) I did not take photos, but once I receive my new one in a week will upload here.

So, these generic pumps are not dear and do the job well. Before the problem, the car ran perfect.

Anyhow, I disassembled the pump and spayed some wd40 inside and let it sit for an hour. Then to the battery and it started purring again. I put it back in and all good. (Just in case I bought a spare one).