• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Ren89

Strut tops/shocks and springs help!

Ren89

Hi, 

I've been having some problems putting my front struts back together, i have new springs but nothing wants to line up properly and I have been told that the strut tops are wrong but I was thinking maybe I have the wrong shock absorbers and springs because when they were on the car the springs were rubbing on the inside wall and clunking when turning. 

Anybody have any ideas as the what problem is or can point me the right direction as to what I need etc... 

Cheers Craig. 

DSC_0097.JPG

Ren89

Another pic. DSC_0101.thumb.JPG.541e2e46ad625c44f1db21320a7b2eae.JPG

welshpug

that all looks fine, you need to clean the potato cam though :lol:

an assembled picture is what we need

jackherer
1 hour ago, Ren89 said:

when they were on the car the springs were rubbing on the inside wall and clunking when turning. 

Someone on here brought their 205 to me once with the same issue, it turned out the springs (bought on ebay apparently) weren't even for a Peugeot let alone a 205.

Ren89

Ah ok, so it's possibly the springs that are wrong then? DSC_0106.thumb.JPG.c2b284a9dc96b409411c86d299809a2a.JPG

welshpug

your bearing is not seated properly, possibly even upside down, can you take a closer up image and clean your lens?

Ren89

When I release the spring tension it wants to sit like this, wrong spring/shock maybe? Sorry about picture quality don't have the best phone for it. 

DSC_0107.thumb.JPG.2619de2a630c78a308218c1d30dbdd1b.JPG