• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DSYKES5500

Friendly attention :)

DSYKES5500

Seems there's a lot of love out there for the 205. People wave, stick thumbs up or nod as you go past. Just today I had waves from a Subaru, Morris minor, classic mini, 60's VW camper, guy in a white van and several people on motorbikes.  I'm not used to it but it's a great feeling :)

bacardincoke

It's the motorcyclists I've noticed the most... slow down beside you, lots of nodding etc.

Other classics too - big waves from a pair in a MK1 XR2 going the other way recently.

Makes such a difference from the queues of people trying to kill you everyday in your daily.

Tom Fenton
20 minutes ago, bacardincoke said:

Makes such a difference from the queues of people trying to kill you everyday in your daily.

This is something I've remarked about before. As a lad growing up in the 80's my Dad had an Audi quattro turbo (he still does). Having a bit of a burn up with someone was a regular occurrence. However when the time came to go your separate ways always a wave, flash of lights or whatever. These days you have a burn up with someone and beat them, they either go into psycho mode overtaking blind to beat you, or else seemingly want to drag you out of the car by your hair afterwards and kill you. I don't understand what has changed.

allanallen
On 7/25/2020 at 10:21 AM, Tom Fenton said:

This is something I've remarked about before. As a lad growing up in the 80's my Dad had an Audi quattro turbo (he still does). Having a bit of a burn up with someone was a regular occurrence. However when the time came to go your separate ways always a wave, flash of lights or whatever. These days you have a burn up with someone and beat them, they either go into psycho mode overtaking blind to beat you, or else seemingly want to drag you out of the car by your hair afterwards and kill you. I don't understand what has changed.

Exactly this ^ 

bit of a razz together and then a nice thumbs up or flash of the lights. Now people tend to overtake you on a blind bend or go 3 wide with cars coming in the opposite direction to then slam on the anchors and turn off, crackers. 

dale205mills

I am chuffed to have seen when people used to be nice when you had a burn up but like what has been all ready wrote it has all gone now and it is a bit upsetting to see how things are these days, but least we have got memory's and some of us have still got the cars from the old days.