• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Telf

Guys ,

Can anyone confirm that the pictured component is orientated correctly? It goes to an open drain ?! Pipe in the wheel arch

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1595001198861_6689919908390058287.jpeg

Telf

Looking at the Haynes manual it shows it as a vent valve. It states it's located near the towing eye where as mine is up in the filler neck and the open pipe terminates inside the rear wheel arch . I wonder if this could be the source the the constant fuel smell? 

Which yes I still have !

1595001808648456937963357733861.jpg

bacardincoke

I think mine is more or less as yours... with the white valve up in the filler neck area and not down by the towing eye as shown by Haynes,

However my pipe from the white valve does follow the same course as Haynes seems to and runs down the inside of the wheel well (nearest the rear of the car), through a hole and then to the towing eye area.

From your image yours looks to instead run from the white valve up around the upper part of the arch and down to the front of the wheel well to the area the filler pipe enters the tank... Have I read that right?

I'll try and get you a pic. later if someone else doesn't answer your question in the mean time.

Telf

Yeah that's right. I've repositioned it now with the pipe going through a hole at the rear of the arch and into the underneath of the boot. Can't imagine it will fix the issue but you never know

bacardincoke

Apologies for crappy pics, literally... the farmers have been muck spreading about here recently, plus hard to get a good view passed the wheel.

I found that bracket's essential to stop the pipe rubbing on the tyre going over bumps.

valve.jpg

valve2.jpg

valve3.jpg

Telf

Slowly getting some where. Pipe rerouted and it's better than it was. I've also noticed that my fuel cap doesn't seem to be vapour tight . When I stop it has a very strong smell of fuel from the fuel cap. If I leave it to stand it goes after 10 mins or so. I presume they should be vapour tight right?

Telf

As soon as it has the pump running and the tank is under pressure you can smell fuel at the cap again

welshpug

the tank shouldn't be under any pressure.

petert

Cat equipped cars have tanks under pressure. The vent travels to the charcoal canister, which is vented when the engine is running by manifold vacuum. ie DFZ and DKZ engines.

bacardincoke

I was reading a few old posts a while back after seeing the same Haynes image that got you wondering as I'd noticed minetoo wasn't in the same place.

Anyhow, some of them referred in passing to the small green connector / valve you can just about see lurking behind the larger pipe in your second image.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I've remembered wrongly, but is it a vent of some sort also?

Might it have been changed about with your main vent or is blocked / kinked?