• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Simes

Coolant level sensor - phase 2

Simes

Hi,

The low coolant light below handbrake- should that be on ignition only? -  I really can't remember.

If not is there away of testing it such bridging across (which colours on) the sensor?

My sensor is knackered and not available but I'd like to get that warning element up and running properly before investing in a 2nd hand one. (wish I'd never sold my phase 1 bottle etc etc)

Thanks

Simon

Ozymandis

Do You mean "how do I test the coolant level warning light"?

If so, then temporarily join the wires in the harness connection point  together and the warning light should be illuminated whilst the ignition is switched on, and be extinguished when You disconnect the join.

Theres a thread on here somewhere explaining how to repair the float swich. its a simple thing.

http://www.peugeot205.ru/peugeot205-110.html

Theres a cutaway drawing here, a simple float with a magnet that operates a  reed switch.

The wires to the reed switch  sometimes need to be resoldered .

Simes

Thanks, mines a phase 2 so the sensor is different. Also has 3 wires rather than two.

Simes

Sorted. Make sure it’s earthed, bridge the other two.

Simes

Weirdly, i never noticed this before  but triggering that sensor clicks a relay. I wonder what for?