• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

bacardincoke

Rear Hub Bearing Cap...

bacardincoke

Usual story... getting conflicting info. from various on-line suppliers. Apart from potentially wasting money on the wrong thing, it's adding weeks to getting bits and pieces when something doesn't fit.

I'm also wary of assuming anything on my car is standard, there's been a few 'upgrades' made by previous owners over the years and being new to 205's their not immediatly obvious to me.

The rear calipers are being swapped out soon, the nipples on the orginals are broken and it was cheaper/easier to renew as I got a set cheaper than to fix them would have been.

May well still get the originals refurbed if practical, seems doable and they're still fine otherwise and a shame to bin them

The dust/grease cap on the rear hubs have seen better days, but there seems to be different profiles and sizes - My current ones are pictured below, they don't appear to match the dimensions of those being recommended as suitable for my '89 1.9. - some for 106's are closer in size and profile.

The calipers are definitely standard 205 but could the hubs have been changed, for expmple to 106 meaning a different cap?

The gauge is a cheapy, the measurements won't be 100% accurate, but close.

dust cap.jpg

dust cap1.jpg

dust cap2.jpg

welshpug

only 2 types that I know of without looking at parts diagrams, disc and drum brake.

• Thanks 1

bacardincoke

Cheers... yep, seems to be the two types you mention, both different dimensions / profiles, though quite a few sellers don't seem to realise that.

Ended up getting them via Spoox, should be the correct ones.  

jord294

Have plenty of genuine in stock, and damn sight cheaper than spoox. 

Still available from main dealer 3740.18 and 3740.45 are disc axle caps. 3740.19 for drum axles

• Thanks 1