• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
SWINNEY

205 cti jack

SWINNEY

Hi All

In the process of putting bits back on my 205 cti and struggling to work out how the jack should fit.

The jack was not with the car so i bought one of ebay a few years ago that thought was the correct one for a cti but none of the fixings line up iam i missing  a backet of something ?

20200614_090355.jpg

bacardincoke

Recall reading elsewhere on the forum (though didn't pay much attention as I've a hardtop) that CTI jacks are a different type and fit under the passenger seat instead of the engine bay? Don't know for sure, but may give you a starting point to work from.

SWINNEY

No my does have any fixings under the seat

bacardincoke

Was looking for something else and saw this image yesterday... Looks fundamentally like your jack, but flipped over. Is that centrally placed hole there on the out of sight side of yours?

12900473.jpg

SWINNEY

Looks like i have the wrong type and the one I have is for under the seat if anyone wants to do a swap get in touch. Or If  anyone has a spare scissor type with the fixing bolt through the middle l would be interested