• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rich.

3/15 rear proportioning valve help

Rich.

Hi, 

bit of a cheeky request :). My brother had the 205's when I was younger, an XS and GT. I only really got in to Peugeot's when I had a 106 gti.

I wonder if you could help another car owner of the same era. I have a 1983 Mk1 Golf that I'm in the process of finishing a conversion to an Audi 3.2 24v. Build thread if you're interested: https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&type=view&id=205529

I understand non abs pug 205 gti's ran a rear proportioning valve to stop the rear brake discs locking up. This is very similar to the Scirocco 16v's which also uses a 3/15 ratio proportioning valve.

I have purchased some from a 205 and the only difference is one side is M12 and the other M10. My question is the orientation of the valve, is the M12 side the feed from the master cylinder and M10 to the calipers?

Any help would be much appreciated as the valves don't appear to be labelled with a flow direction.

Thanks

Rich

IMG_20200606_195621590.jpg

Edited by Rich.

Daniel306

12mm from the master cylinder and the 10mm is to the caliper 

• Like 1

Rich.
1 minute ago, Daniel306 said:

12mm from the master cylinder and the 10mm is to the caliper 

Thank you :)

welshpug

these arent a direct proportioning valve, they rise up to a knee point then flatline at 20 bar from memory, 309 is 25 as is a zx and a certain ferrari of that era from memory, and the zx 16v is 30 bar.

• Like 1

Rich.

Thank you that is exactly what I require, works the same way as the mk1 late cabriolet, scirocco 16v and lotus elan M100.

Edited by Rich.

welshpug

interesting, dont happen to know what pressures they used?

SRDT

The 205 used two different pressure regulators, first "F" then "E". The 309 used "blank" "E", "F" and "B".

I have some pressure values for the early 309 GTI but it's not from Peugeot:

25 front --> 25 +/- 2.5 rear

40 front --> 29.5 +/- 2 rear

60 front --> 35.5 +/- 1.75 rear