• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

gtiburge

Dodgy wiring

gtiburge

Morning I sorted out my radio yesterday and was welcomed to this in the fuse box any ideas what those to plugs do it’s not a nice job and wouldn’t mind sorting what ever problem it’s trying to fix 

any help much appreciated

thanks 

olly 

90318B73-9504-4C06-B13A-F66275E9D7B7.jpeg

213BD629-A44B-40BD-B3B0-403D286539AD.jpeg

39D5B1FD-587E-4927-A5A1-649DF4E0B18A.jpeg

davemar

The black one with the two brown wires is the supply from the battery; so that's where your +12v come into the car.

davemar

I put together a list of what all the connection do on the fusebox (see pdf). Ideally for the stereo use want to use connection 'U', which has a switched and non-switched +12v supply.

fusebox_connections.pdf

• Like 3

gtiburge

Thank you so much:D ! That will save a lot of trying to understand the Haynes Manuel ! It appears it’s sending a life to the foot lights or hazard warning switch will have a look and check now I no 

cheers 

Olly 

Telf

when i rebuilt my car i tore out all the s*itty wiring that people had bodged over the years, including the alarms/immobilisers etc.

You can usually see the original wiring as most of the lazy feckers just gash wire in and tape it up so its not difficult to just get rid of it all and start again.

So called automotive electricians are in my experience pretty terrible at what they do, the local one at a car club i attend via facebook is truly awful but whenever a electrical job needs doing people always recommend 'bob' . i wouldnt let this so called expert any where near my car!

davemar

I've just done the same on mine, hence me putting together that list on the fusebox. Admittedly some of the wiring was mine originally, and while done reasonably well, a lot of it wasn't loomed up nicely so there was lots of random wires taking strange routes. I don't think the original wiring is particularly neat anyway, particularly the stuff coming out of the fusebox.