• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

gtiburge

Switched live

gtiburge

I no this has sort of been covered but all the searching I can’t find a definitive answer I have just put a radio in my 1990 Xs and there is no switched live , I have tested each pub on the peugeot plug and the cig lighter as it’s close but nothing is switched 

so where is the easiest place to pic a switched live from so the radio works correctly 

Thanks 

Olly 

welshpug

the standard red radio plug should have a switched live in it, have you checked the fuses?

gtiburge

That’s what I thought from having other 205s I will check again , and I haven’t looked at fuses If I’m honest I no the main live has a fuse but the switched live would to ? I checked with a multi meter  a few times but will have another look though 

sport1901966

I recollect having a similar issue - if I remember right, there is a light blue wire (29B maybe) that went to the Fuse board on a single pin connector to a terminal marked '+' which put out a permanent live, in the Haynes diagrams it looked like it should be switched, which when plugged into the terminal next to the '+' terminal on the fuse board (marked 'ACC') it then did operate as a switched live - maybe worth getting the multimeter on it and testing?

gtiburge

Job sorted was exactly what you said thanks :D