• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Mac Crash

log books

Mac Crash

Seen a few GTi log books recently for sale on ebay... is this type of thing still legal?

Remember it well from the Mini days - let's be honest and say at least 50% or more of 'S' types are anything but genuine or original... fool you if you believe they are, even the ones in the museum's are not original.

Just surprised to still see this sort of thing.

calvinhorse

I’ve just sold one, you advertise it as Motorbilia...

predicament I have now is does he want it as is or do I sign it over as if he’s bought the car? End of the day it’s still in my name but the car is bean tins!

ive emailed him, see what he says but I think signing it over is the only way 

Mac Crash

Yip, let us know because I have a black 1.6 scrapped years ago, still in my name, log book present.... even got the original reg plates and vin stamp... shell was rotten, scrapped without being recorded.

Bogsye

I thought the greater risk of selling logbooks is that it is more likley to lead to thefts and ultimately ringing.

I can see how passing off a Mini as an S' is lucrative, but can't see the same thing applying to 205's in terms of models and limkited editions, which makes me think the more likley outcome is ringing of someones stolen pride and joy.

Out on my daily lockdown walk it's starnge to see cars in 2020 with steering wheel locks on them because of keyless entry thefts - Feels like the 90's all over again.

calvinhorse

Go look on some mini forums, ringing is a way of life on there, absolutely crazy stories 

Bogsye

Right enough there are quite a few logbooks for Minis on the bay...