• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Arthur

Confusion about my hubs

Arthur

Hi all. 

Sorry when this is te 300’s post about hubs. I have an (xy 1.4 engined org.) 205. I bought it with gti suspention mounted. Abviously they went for 21 spline hubs bevause of the xy driveshafts. I now have an tu 1.6 16 v lump in there, so I went for 1.6/diesel/auto driveshafts being 24/21 splined. All good. Now my wheelbearing is a goner, but I found out its an 72mm bearing and shallow dish brake disk. (Not 1.6 gti thus) But now what the hell is the hub from???

21 splined, 72 mm bearing, small ofset disk, gti shock. 

This is not a combo which came from factory, right? Standard hub with 1,9 disk/caliper and gti shock???

welshpug

standard base model hubs.

Arthur

Oké. So no real problem. The smaller bearing isn’t lesser I guess. And more brake options. 

Arthur

The shock are yellow. Does that mean they are perhaps koni yellow, or is there no way to tell? 

Arthur

Hi

I found a part number on the shock, only 3 numbers. It looks like bilstein B6 dampers and bilstein confirmed to me there is an internal bilstein number ending on "698", but hey should be for 1.7 diesel. External part number is the same as GTI though, so it might be right. 1 of them however seems really crap, the orther sounds like a swamp. dunno if that's good.  1  damper falls in with gravaty only. That can't be right, right? 

Just ordered bilstein b4's and 206 16v 7024 eibach springs. Because you all seems to say so :D

Arthur

Hello

Did anyone ever test the 205 gti and 206 1.6.16v springs on the same car and know the difference? I took the 206 1.6 spring wit BS B4 because of advice from here (i have the TU5JP4s in my 205) but I think it's a bit too high. 

So I have the Eibach 7024 120 but would like to know direct comparison to 7001 120