• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

SweetBadger

Fuel Line Heat Shield Required?

SweetBadger

Hi All,

I’m in the process of the new race car build and have routed the fuse pipes in the standard location - never liked having them in the cabin!

They look like they might be a little close to the 4-2-1 race manifold that’s going in there. Has anyone had any issues with fuel pipes getting too hot? Would it be worth while sticking some 1mm alu plate over them where they go around the bulk head to shield them from the exhaust heat? 

Pic below of the lines:

ECE0F238-770F-40C8-B9CF-7ADA36C381C1.thumb.jpeg.99f79e5d3b2c3ab499ff35a62df921ca.jpeg

mmt

I Don’t know if it is a must have- However I have made some Insulation on mine. Never had any issues. Also My manifold is wrapped. 

Andy

Zircotec the manifold and problem solved. Snag is the cost. I would definitely heat shied/ wrap those fuel lines or wrap/ coat the manifold.

SweetBadger

Budget won't stretch to a manifold coating, and although I wrapped the previous exhaust, wont be doing that this time - effective but horrible to apply, and too fragile even when coated with exhaust wrap silicone paint.

So have ordered some heat sleeve to protect the lines.

SweetBadger

Heat sleeve applied!

3DE96C61-A00E-4EE8-8BFD-FABA39B7A26D.jpeg.bb54b349620d50aad5b9549717fae094.jpeg

Only needed on the closer line I reckon, as the closer line shields the other one.

I also shielded the power steering ram as that’ll be directly under the manifold

EC52C0BA-36F2-44F8-B33A-7CCF2E9AF8B7.jpeg.556777dfb37231e28905f43e430c211b.jpeg

Edited by SweetBadger