• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Cobalt_drill_bit

Driver door central locking actuator

Cobalt_drill_bit

Hi there,

I have an issue with the drivers side door lock. When I insert the key I feel much resistance when turning the key. First I thought it was just the lock. And I removed the lock from the car and thoroughly cleaned it and applied penetrating oil while playing with all the lock functions. Now the lock is operating more smoothly. But still that resistance is there. I suspect the locking actuator being it. Do you think it is a good decision replacing that?

I need the one that also has the 3 pin plug next to the 2 pin plug. In the UK you have this on your right (front) door right? For me it's on the left front. According to the servicebox it should be part number 662001, because that one specifically has "driver side" in the description. But on autodoc I can only find a Valeo brand with compatible OEM number of 661503. I do not have a remote control key.

Questions.

1) Is this 661503 part the right one for me, Having also the 3 pin connector?

2) Valeo is a good aftermarket brand right? Autodoc sells it for €36.81. The Peugeot dealer can't beat this for better price and/or quality?

Thanks, much appreciated.
Maarten

SRDT

If you don't have a remote your driver side "actuator" should be light grey with no central connector on the 3 pin plug.

Inside there is no electric motor as you are moving it yourself with the lock ; using microswitches as sensors it pilots the others actuators with relays.

6615.03 isn't the same, it's both an actuator and a sensor but the electronic and relays are inside the central locking control box.

It's strange to have some drag with a grey "actuator". On a black one it's usually due to the old grease on the motor and gears.